I write this post about Delta Skymiles and bonus MQM’s while sitting in the Delta Skyclub in New York, waiting for my flight to Paris.
As many of you know I am very loyal to SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) but its very hard to only stay with them. Sometimes I cant find a SPG hotel wherever I am going or maybe the price is too high. One would think I would then stay at Marriott , being that Marriott now owns Starwood, but I dont unless I have to. My next choice is Hilton. Hilton hotels are nothing to go crazy about, but they are generally a good standard or above standard choice. Hilton usually makes it right if they mess up and in general I have good luck with them. In Addition, Hilton has a huge footprint, and best of all their Hilton Honors program is very generous! There are always promotions going on, several at once actually!
Right now, one of their current promotions will benefit you in a few ways! The Promotion involves Delta Airlines and not only does it give you Delta Skymiles to use for tickets, it gives you MQM’s (Medallion Qualifying Miles). MQM’s are one of the ways you qualify for status with Delta and other airlines. If you fly Delta, MQM is usaully the actual miles flown. This is not the case as far as miles you use to book free tickets, these of course, are based on the ticket price now.
Delta and Hilton are offering double Skymiles (usually 1 mile per dollar spent) and 250 MQM’s for a 2 night stay. The limit is 10,000 MQM’s but it would take the rest of the year checking in and out of a Hilton to get it.
Hilton, as I mentioned has a unique and generous program. It allows you to “double dip” and get hotel points and miles or hotel points and more hotel points. Normally I choose the points and points option and go for the extra 5 points, but I can always use extra MQM’s for delta so this is a winner for me!
- Register for the Promotion HERE. Always make sure to register and look for the conformation telling you that you are registered.
- Add Delta as your Preferred earning partner.
- Make sure your earning preference is Points and Miles, not Points and Points.
Hilton has a few ongoing promotions that will stack with this, or others. As I mentioned, Hilton is very generous and really provide so many options for earning Honors points.
- Hilton App Bonus. Use the Hilton App to book your stay through the end of the year and you will get a free 500 points, each time you book. Its that easy!
- Double UP Promotion. Register and you will get double points on stays through the end of the year! and If you are Diamond, like me, you get 10,000 for every 10 nights (up to 50,000 points).
- LoyaltyLobby.com is a site / blog I use quit a bit to get promo info!
- Read my others articles on how to earn Delta Skymiles and Hilton Honors points.
If your a Delta flyer and want some extra MQM’s here’s your chance, as you know they (MQM’s) are hard to come by. To get Diamond this year I will need 125,000 MQM’s with Delta which I am trying hard to get!
Thanks for reading , and TRAVEL MORE!!